Sunday, November 11, 2007

Power of the Unicorn





Race report from The Day of the Speedvagen.

Sunday, November 11th was the official Day of the Speedvagen. The power of the Unicorn made sure that all stars, rainbows, honeysuckles and waterfalls were in alignment to bring the full force of the mystical power to my races. Yes, that is selfish to think it was all about me, but that's the way it is. Tell me more about how my other Speedvagen brethren fared on the glorious 11th day of the 11th month so we can all bask in the glory...

This was a double race weekend out at Fort Flagler on the Olympic Peninsula here in the upper left hand corner of the country. Saturday's race included a Belgian style sand pit. Plenty of carneage courtesy of those who chose to ride it. I rode the pit 4 out of 5 trips through even though my pre-race strategy was to run it... My finish in Saturday's race put me in 11th place for the Single Speed Division.

You know what that meant, right? I raced from 11th place on the 11th day of the 11th month. I was takin' it to 11 just about as much as any human possibly could without bursting under the mystical force of the Unicorn. Any doubters out there as to where I finished in today's race? That's right - 11th place!! That is it. I might as well just retire right now as there is no way I can possibly do that again. Or is there? Don't sell the Unicorn short - let's see what happens next year...

1 comment:

tjh said...

awssome. you'll have to wait until 2012 to have 11/11 fall on a race day!